Wednesday, June 27, 2007

~Email from Amy about her Chemo treatment~

Hello Gals! I just got in the door from work.
This email from Amy was waiting for me ..
Thought you would want to see it ASAP.

Mary, I did have a reaction to one of the medications and I have never seen doctors and nurses come running so fast in my life 3 doctors and 4 nurses WOW....BOB WAS EVEN IMPRESSED....they stopped my IV and started shooting all these shots into my IV to get me better....worked like a charm and I will just have to have it all the time now when I go in to chemo. I couldn't swallow...it was scary to me and I just couldn't swallow....I felt like I was choking. But they knew exactly what to do so that was great!!!!Starting tonight and over the next 3 days will be my nausea and vomiting stage.....and I got 4 of the RED Hair Cut Treatment Cocktail SHOTS so my hair will be gone in 2 days to 2 weeks......WOW...I never saw so much stuff shot into my veins in a day as I did today.I am going to go to bed....I feel like I am getting the flu and the veins in my arms are cold.....almost like I can feel the chemo moving thru my blood stream...it's weird.....hard to explain....I am weak and very tired....If you get a chance, can you post on my blog that I am doing great and the fear of the chemo is completely gone from me and every one's THOUGHTS and PRAYERS WORKED!!!! Please tell them THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU and I will blog as soon as I can.(Mary, feel free to cut and paste anything I said out of this email to make it easier for you.....LOVE YOU!!!! Amy)

9 comments:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Thank you, Mary! I just left a little note on Amy's blog! I'm happy to hear that all our prayers are helping Amy, even if we can't be by her side!

Betty said...

Mary, Thank you so much for the update on Amy.....I think of her so often.....thanks for coming by to see me and taking the time to comment....God Bless.....Betty

Genevieve said...

I left a comment for Amy too,my what she has been going through and this is just the begining! I think of her a lot and I hope that all goes well! Thanks for keeping us updated!

a Bohemian Market said...

Mary Dear:
You are feeling the brunt of all this ugly cancer stuff!!!
I am so very appreciative that you are Amy's Cyber-Mom and can let all of us know what is transpiring!!!
Take it easy Mary Dear and go softly. You are important!!!
Love
carole

Mary said...

Oh my, what a day sweet Amy has had. Bless her heart. We are all still praying for her ever day.
Thank you for the update.

The Urban Chic said...

Thank you Mary, I also left a message for her. You are truly a good friend to her. You are both blessed.

ellen said...

Mary, I tried to leave a comment for Amy, but I've been having trouble with some comments on some blogs.
I want her to know that we are all thinking of her and "holding hands", albeit from a great distance.
Take care of yourself too!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Mary, thanks so much for continuing to update us on Amy. You are such a doll to do this.

I'll go post a comment for Amy right now. She is in my prayers each day, as are you!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.