Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How to make vintage Christmas sweater stockings







 Easy to make sweater stockings:

 Buy a vintage sweater or 2 at a thrift, found mine at Goodwill for $1.
 Lay out a pattern on the best part of your sweater. 
Cut one front, one back, using a pattern like one shown above.
 If you do use pattern above make it longer. 
Pin together make sure front or outside of fabrics are facing each other.
   Slowly sew around, the bumpy sweater fabric can catch in your machine.  
Now have fun!

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Hey, this looks like something even I could do! Thank you!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Mary said...

Mary, these are Precious :) love the button one.. just passing through.
love and sweet hugs Me:) 0x0x

ps. love the ones you made and I have.

FourSistersInACottage said...

You have always had a talent for gorgeous stuff...I am jealous I still don't have a clue how to sew!!!!
These are beautiful Mary!
Hugs, Amy

Parfum pas cher said...

This is so beautiful, lovely post, loke it

Jackie said...

Thanks for sharing this pattern with all of us. I love it. Too late for Christmas this year....but it is on my list of crafts for next year.

God bless.

Mary said...

Hello Sweet Friend, Amy from 4-sisters is getting her web. page going. some pretty things. so you might hop over and say Hello :) I hate to say, but today was nice and sunny but still cool. I enjoyed our midnight visit last night. Hugs, Me :)

Unknown said...

wow- I love this- how nice of you to share how to do it- your newest follower,
Karen