Saturday, February 9, 2008

~Isabellas basketball game~

I just got home from my 11 year old granddaughter Isabella's basketball game.
She plays in an Upward Church league. What a great program this has been!
I LOVE watching her (and Sams) games.
Isabella's team is undefeated with 2 games to go.
She did great, only fell once and got her glasses knocked of her face once..
This Grammy just holds her breath and prayers a lot!!
As many of you know Isabella suffers with Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
so these games can be a struggle for her..
Sorry my photos are not the best but you get the idea.
She guarded a girl that was over a head taller then her.
Next week I will get to go to Sam's game.. Yippee!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son plays for Upward too! It's such a great program!

The Urban Chic said...

Mary, she looks so sweet and I'm sure you are probably a worry wart grammy like me. My gs was in karate and wrestling---worry, worry, worry. Great photos. Love Ya, Pat

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Mary, Looks like Isabella enjoys her basketball. It is a great game - all four of my kids played and loved it.
Alison

Back Through Time said...

What a wonderful grandma you are! You sound like you had a great time!!
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend
Michelle

Yolanda said...

You do beautiful blog work. I just found you.

Jerri said...

Isn't it fun watching those games? I watched my nephew Nik's college basketball game yesterday afternoon. Not so pretty....One player got a head injury and another player a broken nose. And yes, my sister still holds her breath...........Isabella is a cutie....

SweetAnnee said...

Oh Isabella looks like she's having such fun!! and playing so well.

I will pray for her..I wish life was easier for her, but she's shining..and she's blessed with you as a gramma!!

love ya
Deena

Mary said...

Isa looks so great playing in her game - I know you were so proud watching her Mary. Hope we see pics of Sam next time.

Mary said...

Isabella is a trooper. I'm so proud of her for playing even though she struggles with her arthritis. I will keep her in my prayers. I do hope her team goes on to victory.

Blessings,
Mary

Lori said...

Just a doll as always even in a basketball get-up!!! Lori

FourSistersInACottage said...

Oh Mary,
Isabella is growing up way too fast. I just love the basketball photos. Makes me smile and reminds me of my girls.
So glad you get to watch them play.
Hugs, Amy