Friday, July 6, 2007

~the gift Fairy strikes again!~





I have this dear friend Sherryl I call her the "the gift Fairy". There are days I walk outside to find the most wonderful gifts left at my door step, in my backyard, or on my deck.I know these gifts are from Sherryl. Well my latest find in this wonderful vintage glider.On Monday the glider arrived from the "the gift Fairy! I'm SO thrilled about it. I've always wanted a vintage glider..It will be great for cuddling with the grand kids.. Thanks so very much Sherryl! You are such a sweetie!!!
I've been working on my deck, it needed cleaning & painting & decorating. But this year there was not money to do much. I did buy a bit of outdoor fabric and made covers for the tops of my old chairs..Only had enough for 4 chairs.. Maybe someday I'll find more. With left over paint/stain I painted the lattice. Then cleaned the deck floor..Still needs to be stained. I looked around my cottage and gathered vintage pillows, chenille's & linens added them to my glider & table.. Now it's "tea for two or three" hey Carole or Sherryl how about some tea? LOL...It's not a fabulous deck but it is an improvement.
I so enjoy sitting on this deck early each morning.. If I'm lucky I will get a phone call from Amy FourSistersInACottage.. We chat and giggle and talk about so many things. Today Amy is in the hospital and I'm sad because she is so ill.. I hope she gets better soon!

11 comments:

Iowa Gal said...

What a beautiful setting. I bet that glider swing was just calling out for your beautiful pillows. I was wondering what kind of vine you have growing on the roof of your deck? We live in Iowa and do you think it would survive the winters? Thanxxx!

Anonymous said...

Oh ,What a friend indeed !You are so blessed. So happy for you ! I have always wanted one of those myself. So vintage. A few years back my husband got me a new glider from Walmart for my brithday but oh I wish he would have got'en a vintage one. Enjoy !
Blessings, Shelley

a Bohemian Market said...

Mary:
I am on my way to the doctor so don't por my cup of tea just yet : ) You and Shelley can catch me up when I get there : )
I will write this evening
Love & Big Hugs
carole

Mary said...

Mary, You are Loved:) and Blessed with many wonderful friends...
I think your porch is Beautiful !!!
All the ladies that want to come to tea will bring their own teacups.
( Our sewing ladies did that for a lady that was sick, we even brought the tea in a thermos to the hospital, she loved it.)
I would even get up early to have tea with you. That is a great compliment, because I do not like to get up early...Ha
The glider is wonderful and you pillow are perfect out there. Love you cute chair toppers, the soft colors of your lattice, it all looks so fresh and sunny:) If you look out your door some day do not be surprised if you see a long line of ladies in P.J.'s and teacups...

Mary said...

Just love what you have done with your deck - would love to join you for afternoon tea. The table cloth is gorgeous and I love Wisteria - am training one over an arbor but no flowers yet.
How great to have a "gift fairy" friend like Sherryl - I'm sure you reciprocate and spoil her too!

Yes, Amy sounds so sick, I'm so upset and praying and wishing for her return to better health soon - she has been through so much these past few weeks.
Take care of you - enjoy your weekend "gliding".
Hugs, Mary.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful pictures...I adore your table cloth too.....of course the glider is a favorite. Enjoy! Blessings, Dianntha

Sweet Remembrance said...

Mary...I'm loving your deck, and the glider, such a treat!
Enjoy many blissful hours out there.
Priscilla

Betty said...

Your deck looks so nice, Mary. I would love to spend some time on your glider!

Anonymous said...

Mary,
Love your new glider and all the wonderful sweet pillows that you placed there. Your deck looks warm and inviting - anyone would feel Blessed to have tea with you in such a beautiful and cozy setting.
Connie

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

A terrific storybook setting!! I love that glider! Boy, could we do some serious "dishing" on that. Remember the line from Steel Magnolias...."If you don't have anything nice to say about anyone, then come sit by me!" Too funny. Seriously, we could talk crafts & decorating, & grandkids, & I'd probably never want to leave your deck!

Love that overlay on your table, too. Such a pretty tea setting!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Lallee said...

She is a gift fairy indeed!!!! Your porch is so inviting. I wish I was next door!